You must give more attention to your overall health if you are planning on getting pregnant in 2019. Improve your fertility by taking better care of yourself. This means breaking bad habits and eating better.
- Stop smoking because women who inhale nicotine are more likely to be infertile.
- Recent research suggest vaping harms the lungs and heart. The artificial flavors have a toxic effect on cells.
- Eliminate unhealthy foods in your diet by avoiding processed and fast foods.
- If you are overweight – BMI of 25+ – losing weight will help to increase your fertility.
- Get plenty of sleep to avoid irregular menstrual cycles. A lack of sleep leads to weight gain. Weight gain leads to ovulation problems. You should get at least 8 hours of sleep to increase your fertility.
Female Fertility and Diet
A new diet and fertility study has examined the impact of diet on fertility. Positive dietary effects on fertility for women have been linked to the intake of:
- Folic acid
- Vitamin B12
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Healthy diets – the DASH
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is an innovative Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) procedure used to wake up and coax a woman’s nonfunctioning ovaries into producing viable eggs. Dr. Hugh Melnick has helped two women conceive naturally and achieve a live birth through Ovarian Rejuvenation. A third woman who conceived naturally unfortunately suffered a miscarriage early on in her pregnancy.
The therapeutic effect of Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy may take 3 to 6 months to be observed by the Doctor. Tissue transformation is not immediately obvious. Beneficial results will be noticed between 2 to 4 weeks.
Patients are monitored monthly for six months through blood tests to determine if the therapy was successful.
- Therapeutic effects last 5 to 7 months
- Periods will return to normal in 50 percent of cases
- Symptoms of menopause will lessen
- Increase in sexual drive
- Improved quality of eggs
Candidates for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
Prospective candidates for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy are:
- Women who want to conceive with their own eggs in lieu of egg donation
- Women who want to restore their hormonal balance and sexual drive naturally
- Women having a low egg reserve as reflected by a low Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- Women who have failed multiple IVF treatments due to poor quality embryos
- Women diagnosed with unexplained infertility
- Women diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Women diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and suffering from infertility due to a low egg reserve
Your initial consultation to find out if you are a candidate for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy can be conducted with the Doctor via telephone, Skype or FaceTime.
- Print your intake form by clicking here
- Print your information and consent form by clicking here
- Complete, scan and email these forms to email@example.com.
Female Fertility Specialist
It is important to work with a fertility specialist who has the clinical experience to design an infertility treatment plan meeting your personal needs.
Schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services by calling 212.369.8700 – or – clicking the icon below.