After successful Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy, you should be able to get pregnant naturally. There are fertility treatment options to help you become pregnant if natural conception is unsuccessful, such as IUI or IVF. According to Dr. Hugh Melnick – founder of Advanced Fertility Services in NYC – if the woman’s Fallopian tubes are open and her partner’s sperm count is adequate, there may be no need to undergo IUI or IVF.
Conception Post–Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
Should the ovarian rejuvenation procedure have had a positive effect on egg production and quality, the process of conception will occur naturally or with the assistance of IUI. Conception is likely naturally, or via IUI when sperm can physically fertilize an egg within the woman’s body.
IVF is needed only in cases of tubal blockage or poor quality semen. Natural conception is superior to IVF because the biological conditions found in nature cannot be exactly duplicated in an in vitro laboratory.
Ovarian Rejuvenation therapy is an innovative ART procedure used to wake up and coax a woman’s nonfunctioning ovaries into producing viable eggs.
Candidates for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
- Women who want to conceive with their own eggs in lieu of egg donation
- Women who want to restore their hormonal balance and sexual drive naturally
- Women having a low egg reserve as reflected by a low Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- Women who have failed multiple IVF treatments due to poor quality embryos
- Women diagnosed with unexplained infertility
- Women diagnosed with primary ovarian failure
- Women diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Women diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and suffering from infertility due to a low egg reserve
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Procedure
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is an outpatient procedure performed by injecting a woman’s Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) into her ovaries while she is under anesthesia. The PRP injection and punctures to the ovaries simultaneously stimulate growth of egg follicles. The ovaries are infused with proteins rich in growth factors and stem cell chemoattractants.
- The patient’s ovaries are evaluated via a transvaginal sonogram to make sure they are accessible for procedure
- The patient’s blood is drawn to prepare her PRP
- It takes about 20 minutes to produce PRP by spinning the blood in a centrifuge
- The patient is prepared for procedure with the anesthesia Propofol via IV
- The patient’s ovaries are injected with PRP to rejuvenate dormant follicles so as to yield viable eggs
- The patient will be able to return home within 1 hour to 1½ after the procedure
Cost of Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
- $350 initial evaluation cost with Dr. Melnick via telephone, Skype, or FaceTime
- $4000 fee for the Ovarian Rejuvenation procedure
- Ovarian Rejuvenation is not covered by insurance
$4000 Fee Includes:
- Operating room fees
- Anesthesia medication cost
- Anesthesiologist’s fee
- Nursing service fee
- Sonographic cost
- Physician services fee
- Laboratory cost to prepare Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Ovarian Rejuvenation Effects and Facts
- Therapeutic effects last 5 to 7 months
- Periods will return to normal
- Symptoms of menopause will lessen
- Increase in sexual drive
- Improved quality of eggs
Post procedure, patients are monitored monthly to determine if the Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy was successful.
- Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- FSH level
- LH level
- Estradiol level
Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is used in other areas of medicine:
- Healing of athletic injuries
- Plastic surgery procedures
- Injection in vaginal area for women with low sex drive
Celebrated Fertility Doctor Providing Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
To improve your pregnancy success using your own eggs, only consult with a celebrated fertility doctor specializing in Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy.
Your initial consultation with the Doctor can be conducted via telephone, Skype or FaceTime.
To schedule your Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy consultation with Dr. Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services call 212.369.8700 – or – click the icon below.