As one of a handful of fertility doctors providing Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy, founder of Advanced Fertility Services – Dr. Hugh Melnick – is a specialist in this innovative fertility procedure. The Doctor’s unique technique of performing Ovarian Rejuvenation is designed to wake up and coax a woman’s nonfunctioning ovaries into producing viable eggs.
Renowned Fertility Doctor
Dr. Melnick has practiced as a fertility specialist for over four decades. The Doctor has accomplished over 10,000 successful IVF procedures.
Advanced Fertility Services in NYC is a world renowned fertility center founded by Dr. Hugh D. Melnick as the tri-state area’s first private, freestanding In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) center. The Doctor is conveniently located in Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
Other stellar attributes of Dr. Melnick:
- Pioneering doctor of preserving a woman’s future fertility through the world class Oocyte Preservation Program
- Renowned publisher of numerous scientific research articles in prominent medical journals and medical textbook contributions
- Acclaimed author of The Pregnancy Prescription – a prestigious book written for those coping with the challenges of infertility, including information on how best to overcome infertility
Read the Doctor’s contribution to the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology about subclinical hypothyroidism and its effect on a woman’s fertility.
Unique Fertility Treatments Provided by Dr. Melnick
- The O-Shot Injection
- Ovarian Rejuvenation
- Hypothyroidism and Recurrent Miscarriage Treatment
- Hysteroscopic Tubal Surgery
Dr. Melnick designed the environment of Advanced Fertility Services with the specific purpose of reducing patient stress and enhancing the success infertility treatment. Dr. Melnick accomplished this by creating a patient-centered treatment environment within a friendly, warm, and comfortable ambiance. Dr. Melnick has a proven record of success because he offers a treatment environment placing all patients at ease. The environment, in turn, reduces patient physical and emotional stress – all within one convenient, affordable facility.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
As a woman ages, her ovaries are unable to produce the hormones that stimulate egg follicles to develop and make them reach a viable stage of development.
A woman in her 40s may still be able to ovulate, but her healthy eggs may have been depleted and those remaining are of a poor quality, potentially leading to an increased chance of an abnormal pregnancy.
- Increased chance for miscarriage
- Increased chance for conceiving a chromosomally abnormal baby – Down Syndrome
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy involves the injection of a woman’s blood platelet rich plasma directly into her ovaries to induce Growth Factors and help the ovaries functioning again – even post-menopause.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is an outpatient procedure performed by injecting a woman’s blood Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) into her ovaries. The PRP injection and punctures to the ovaries simultaneously stimulate growth of egg follicles. The ovaries are infused with proteins rich in growth factors and stem cell chemoattractants.
Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is used in other areas of medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Plastic Surgery
Candidates for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
- Women who want to conceive with their own eggs in lieu of egg donation
- Women who want to restore their hormonal balance and sexual drive naturally
- Women having a low egg reserve as reflected by a low Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- Women who have failed multiple IVF treatments due to poor quality embryos
- Women diagnosed with unexplained infertility
- Women diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Women diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and suffering from infertility due to a low egg reserve
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Procedure
- The patient’s ovaries are evaluated via a transvaginal sonogram to make sure they are accessible for procedure
- The patient’s blood is drawn to prepare her PRP
- It takes about 20 minutes to produce PRP by spinning the blood in a centrifuge
- The patient is prepared for procedure with the anesthesia Propofol via IV
- The patient’s ovaries are injected with PRP to rejuvenate dormant follicles so as to yield viable eggs
- The patient will be able to return home within 1 hour to 1½ after the procedure
Cost of Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
- $350 initial evaluation cost with Dr. Melnick via telephone, Skype, or FaceTime
- $4000 fee for the Ovarian Rejuvenation procedure
- Ovarian Rejuvenation is not covered by insurance
$4000 Fee Includes:
- Operating room fees
- Anesthesia medication cost
- Anesthesiologist’s fee
- Nursing service fee
- Sonographic cost
- Physician services fee
- Laboratory cost to prepare Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Ovarian Rejuvenation Effects and Facts
- Therapeutic effects last 5 to 7 months
- Periods will return to normal
- Symptoms of menopause will lessen
- Increase in sexual drive
- Improved quality of eggs
Fertility Doctor Specializing in Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
It is important to work with a fertility specialist who has the clinical experience to design an infertility treatment plan meeting your personal needs.
Your initial Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy consultation with Dr. Hugh D. Melnick can be conducted via telephone, Skype or FaceTime.
To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services call 212.369.8700 – or – click the icon below.