Yes – you can! 2020 is here and the New Year is an optimum time to kick start your fertility health. Resolve to give your fertility health priority – especially if you are you are planning on undergoing fertility treatment in 2020.
Your Fertility Health is Important
Be proactive in taking better care of your fertility health – through nutrition and fitness. Nutrition and physical fitness go hand-in-hand with optimal fertility health. A healthy daily routine will increase your chances of conceiving and help to support a successful pregnancy.
- Stop smoking because women who inhale nicotine are more likely to be infertile
- Recent research suggest vaping harms the lungs and heart
- Vaping artificial flavors have a toxic effect on reproductive cells
- Eliminate unhealthy foods in your diet by avoiding processed and fast foods
- If you are overweight – BMI of 25+ – losing weight will help to increase your fertility
- Get plenty of sleep to avoid irregular menstrual cycles
- A lack of sleep leads to weight gain
- Weight gain leads to ovulation problems
- You should get at least 8 hours of sleep to increase your fertility
Improving Your Fertility Health
A diet and fertility study has examined the impact of nutrition a woman’s fertility.
- Folic acid
- Vitamin B12
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Low-sodium canned or frozen veggies
- Herbs and spices instead of salt
- Lemon juice, citrus zest, or hot chilies for extra flavor and no sodium
- Canned fruits packed in juice or water – not syrup
- Non-fat, plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
- Healthy vegetable oils instead of butter
- Half wheat and half white flour
- Puree sweet potatoes, carrots, or cauliflower and keep in freezer for easy use in soups and casseroles
- Instead of alcohol – infuse cranberries, pomegranate arils, or orange slices into sparkling water
- Plant-based foods
- Protein-rich foods
- Healthy fats
- A bit of full-fat dairy products
Nutrition and Fertility
Nutrition plays an essential role in improving the chances of conception and supporting a healthy pregnancy. Diet matters greatly before pregnancy and solidifies healthy eating habits during pregnancy.
A Healthy Body Mass Index (BMI)
A healthy body weight is essential to increasing your chances of becoming pregnant. Strive to achieve and maintain a healthy body mass index (BMI) to keep your reproductive cycle in balance. A BMI of 19 to 24 indicates a healthy weight. Anything above 24 or below 19 may be hindering your chances of ovulation and conception.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is an innovative fertility procedure used to wake up and coax a woman’s nonfunctioning ovaries into producing viable eggs. Dr. Hugh Melnick is one of only a few doctors who specialize in this revolutionary fertility therapy. The Doctor has helped two women conceive naturally and achieve a live birth. A third woman who conceived naturally unfortunately suffered a miscarriage early on in her pregnancy.
Are You a Candidate?
Candidates for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy are:
- Women who want to conceive with their own eggs in lieu of egg donation
- Women who want to restore their hormonal balance and sexual drive naturally
- Women having a low egg reserve as reflected by a low Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- Women who have failed multiple IVF treatments due to poor quality embryos
- Women diagnosed with unexplained infertility
- Women diagnosed with primary ovarian failure
- Women diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Women diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and suffering from infertility due to a low egg reserve
Your initial consultation to find out if you are a candidate for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy can be conducted with the Doctor via telephone, Skype or FaceTime.
- Print your intake form by clicking here
- Print your information and consent form by clicking here
- Complete, scan and email these forms to email@example.com.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Expertise
It is important to work with a fertility specialist who has the clinical experience to design a therapeutic treatment plan meeting your personal needs.
To read more about Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy, check out the Doctor’s Blog here.
Schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Hugh Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services by calling 212.369.8700 – or – clicking the icon below.