Post-Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy, you may be able to get pregnant naturally. Or, you also have the option of undergoing fertility treatments, such as IUI or IVF. Dr. Hugh Melnick – founder of Advanced Fertility Services in NYC – has successfully helped two women in their 40s achieve pregnancy post-Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy. Both women had prior multiple failed IVF treatment cycles, yet they conceived between 8 and 20 weeks after their ovarian rejuvenation therapy.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
Ovarian Rejuvenation can help:
- Older women having a low and poor quality egg reserve
- Women who have failed multiple IVF cycles because their low quality eggs produced poor embryos
This is an innovative therapy attempting to enhance the quality of eggs existing in the ovaries. It can also relieve the symptoms of natural menopause. However, there can be no guarantee that a natural pregnancy – or reduced menopausal symptoms – will occur after ovarian rejuvenation therapy.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Specialist
With Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy, there is now hope for older women to get pregnant using their own eggs. The Doctor is one of the very few fertility specialists offering this innovative procedure. Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is an innovative ART procedure used to wake up and coax a woman’s nonfunctioning ovaries into producing viable eggs.
Overcoming Ovarian Aging
As a woman’s ovaries age, they are unable to produce the hormones that stimulate follicles to develop and make them reach a viable stage of development. Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy involves the injection of a woman’s blood platelets into her ovaries to overcome ovarian non-function due to aging – even post-menopause.
- A women is born with all the eggs – approximately one million – she will produce during her lifetime
- Each of her eggs is immature – not fully developed
- Each egg is contained in a follicle
- These follicles may not develop and will remain in a dormant stage even after menopause
- Women in their peak fertility years have a 20 percent chance of pregnancy every month
- A woman’s fertility level begins to decline after 30 and there is a precipitous drop after she turns 35
- Women over 40 only have about a 5 percent chance of getting pregnant during any given month
- About one percent of all women experience Premature Ovarian Failure (POF) when their ovaries stop functioning before they are 40
Candidates for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
- Women who want to conceive with their own eggs in lieu of egg donation
- Women who want to restore their hormonal balance and sexual drive naturally
- Women having a low egg reserve as reflected by a low Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- Women who have failed multiple IVF treatments due to poor quality embryos
- Women diagnosed with unexplained infertility
- Women diagnosed with primary ovarian failure
- Women diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Women diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and suffering from infertility due to a low egg reserve
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Procedure
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is an outpatient procedure performed by injecting a woman’s Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) into her ovaries while she is under anesthesia. The PRP injection and punctures to the ovaries simultaneously stimulate growth of egg follicles. The ovaries are infused with proteins rich in growth factors and stem cell chemoattractants.
- The patient’s ovaries are evaluated via a transvaginal sonogram to make sure they are accessible for procedure
- The patient’s blood is drawn to prepare her PRP
- It takes about 20 minutes to produce PRP by spinning the blood in a centrifuge
- The patient is prepared for procedure with the anesthesia Propofol via IV
- The patient’s ovaries are injected with PRP to rejuvenate dormant follicles so as to yield viable eggs
- The patient will be able to return home within 1 hour to 1½ after the procedure
Ovarian Rejuvenation Effects and Facts
- Therapeutic effects last 5 to 7 months
- Periods will return to normal
- Symptoms of menopause will lessen
- Increase in sexual drive
- Improved quality of eggs
Post procedure, patients are monitored monthly to determine if the Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy was successful.
- Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- FSH level
- LH level
- Estradiol level
Fertility Doctor Offering Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
According to Dr. Melnick, Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy will not make a woman’s ovaries younger, but her remaining dormant egg follicles can be used to achieve the best chance of pregnancy success.
Your initial consultation with the Doctor can be conducted via telephone, Skype or FaceTime.
To schedule your Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy consultation with Dr. Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services call 212.369.8700 – or – click the icon below.