It has been shown that Growth Factors derived from a woman’s blood platelets can regenerate ovarian tissue. By injecting Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) into a woman’s ovaries, new cellular growth can be generated to restore her fertility and hormonal function.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
When the body experiences an injury – like a puncture to the ovary in order to inject PRP – Growth Factors are naturally produced by blood platelets and white blood cells. These Growth Factors naturally repair the body’s tissues by stimulating the development of new cells from stem cells to replace the damage to the injury.
Growth Factors combine and generate the body’s function to repair an injury.
- White blood cells
- Blood clotting
These Growth Factors:
- Stop bleeding to the injured area
- Prevent infection to the injured area
These Growth Factors cause the formation of:
- New tissue
- New blood vessels
- New nerves
Basically, Growth Factors replace what was lost in the injury.
Blood Platelets and Growth Factors
- PDGF = Platelet Derived Growth Factor. This is cell growth, new generation and repair of blood vessels and collagen production.
- FGF = Fibroblast Growth Factor. This is tissue repair, cell growth and collagen production.
- EGF = Epidermal Growth Factor. This is the promotion of epithelial cell growth, angiogenesis, and the promotion of wound healing.
- KGF = Keratinocyte Growth Factor. This is the growth and new generation of keratinocytes.
- VEGF = Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor. This is the growth and new generation of vascular endothelial cells.
- TGF – B = Transforming Growth Factor. This is the growth of epithelial cells, endothelial cells, and the promotion of wound healing.
Common Uses of PRP Injections
For many years, PRP injections have been used clinically by physicians for the treatment of:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Connective tissue injuries
- Bone grafts
Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is used in other areas of medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Plastic Surgery
Growth Factors Case Study
The success of Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is based on a published case report of a post-menopausal woman resuming ovulation and subsequently conceiving and delivering a healthy baby. The woman’s ovaries were injected with her own platelets and white blood cells.
The case study reported the phenomenon of Growth Factors causing dormant eggs (oocytes) in the ovaries to be revived by stem cells.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is an outpatient procedure performed by injecting a woman’s blood PRP into her ovaries. The PRP injection and punctures to the ovaries simultaneously stimulate growth of egg follicles. The ovaries are infused with proteins rich in growth factors and stem cell chemoattractants.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy may restore fertility and stimulate natural hormonal production in women who are unable to conceive because of poor quality eggs. This therapy is also used for women who suffer from symptoms associated with hormone deficiency.
Candidates for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
- Women who want to conceive with their own eggs in lieu of egg donation
- Women who want to restore their hormonal balance and sexual drive naturally
- Women having a low egg reserve as reflected by a low Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- Women who have failed multiple IVF treatments due to poor quality embryos
- Women diagnosed with unexplained infertility
- Women diagnosed with primary ovarian failure
- Women diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Women diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and suffering from infertility due to a low egg reserve
How to Know if You’re a Candidate
Your initial consultation to find out if you are a candidate for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy can be conducted with the Doctor via telephone, Skype or FaceTime.
- Print your intake form by clicking here
- Print your information and consent form by clicking here
- Complete, scan and email these forms to email@example.com.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Procedure
- The patient’s ovaries are evaluated via a transvaginal sonogram to make sure they are accessible for procedure
- The patient’s blood is drawn to prepare her PRP
- It takes about 20 minutes to produce PRP by spinning the blood in a centrifuge
- The patient is prepared for procedure with the anesthesia Propofol via IV
- The patient’s ovaries are injected with PRP to rejuvenate dormant follicles so as to yield viable eggs
- The patient will be able to return home within 1 hour to 1½ after the procedure
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Facts
- Therapeutic effects last 5 to 7 months
- Periods will return to normal
- Symptoms of menopause will lessen
- Increase in sexual drive
- Improved quality of eggs
Fertility Doctor Specializing in Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
Your initial Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy consultation with Dr. Hugh D. Melnick can be conducted via telephone, Skype or FaceTime.
To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services call 212.369.8700 – or – click the icon below.