All fertility treatment begins with the best doctor-recommended prenatal vitamin. Your body needs extra minerals and nutrients to conceive a pregnancy and give birth to a healthy baby. It can be difficult to select a prenatal vitamin because of the number of brands on the market.
Doctor-Recommended Prenatal Vitamins
Don’t be hesitant to start a prenatal vitamin regimen just because choosing the right product may be confusing. Here are some of Dr. Melnick’s best picks.
- One A Day Prenatal 1 Multivitamin is an affordable OTC option with omega-3 fatty acids that help with fetus brain development
- 365 Everyday Value Prenatal Gummies contain added digestive enzymes to help nausea
- Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal is a vegetarian diet-safe option that includes probiotics to help regulate digestion and changes in bowl movements
- Nature Made Prenatal Multi DHA Liquid Softgels contain recommended vitamins plus DHA which helps baby brain development and cognitive function
- TheraNatal Complete Prenatal Vitamins is a supplement for pre- and post-conception needs
- CitraNatal B-Calm Prenatal Supplement Tablets is a prescription vitamin containing vitamin B6 to reduce nausea and vomiting during pregnancy
Select a prenatal vitamin containing:
- Folic Acid
Fertility & Nutrition
All prenatal vitamins should complement your balanced diet that includes essential nutrients for you and baby.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy may restore a woman’s natural fertility by stimulating the production of dormant follicles into good quality eggs capable of being fertilized. A woman’s blood Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is injected into her ovaries. The PRP injection and punctures to the ovaries simultaneously stimulate growth of egg follicles.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Growth Factors derived from a woman’s blood platelets can regenerate ovarian tissue. By injecting PRP into a woman’s ovaries, new cellular growth can be generated to restore her fertility and hormonal function.
The ovaries are infused with proteins rich in growth factors and stem cell chemoattractants. Growth factors combine and generate the body’s function to repair an injury.
- White blood cells
- Blood clotting
These Growth Factors:
- Stop bleeding to the injured area
- Prevent infection to the injured area
These Growth Factors cause the formation of:
- New tissue
- New blood vessels
- New nerves
Candidates for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
- Women who want to conceive with their own eggs in lieu of egg donation
- Women who want to restore their hormonal balance and sexual drive naturally
- Women having a low egg reserve as reflected by a low Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- Women who have failed multiple IVF treatments due to poor quality embryos
- Women diagnosed with unexplained infertility
- Women diagnosed with primary ovarian failure
- Women diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Women diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and suffering from infertility due to a low egg reserve
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Procedure
- The patient’s ovaries are evaluated via a transvaginal sonogram to make sure they are accessible for procedure
- The patient’s blood is drawn to prepare her PRP
- It takes about 20 minutes to produce PRP by spinning the blood in a centrifuge
- The patient is prepared for procedure with the anesthesia Propofol via IV
- The patient’s ovaries are injected with PRP to rejuvenate dormant follicles so as to yield viable eggs
- The patient will be able to return home within 1 hour to 1½ after the procedure
–Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Expertise
Your initial Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy consultation with Dr. Hugh D. Melnick can be conducted via telephone, Skype or FaceTime.
To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services call 212.369.8700 – or – click the icon below.