If Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is successful, you may be able to get pregnant naturally or with the help of other fertility treatments such as IUI or IVF. This innovative therapy is typically offered to older women – or – is recommended after multiple failed IVF cycles. Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy will not make a woman’s ovaries younger, but her remaining dormant egg follicles can be revived and fertilized successfully.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Risks
There have been no serious health risks experienced by the Doctor’s patients treated with Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy to date. The risks of this therapy are basically the same as those experienced by women undergoing an egg retrieval procedure during a fresh IVF cycle.
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Benefits
Beneficial results – if any – will be realized within 2 to 24 weeks.
- Therapeutic effects last 5 to 7 months
- Periods will return to normal
- Symptoms of menopause will lessen
- Increase in sexual drive
- Improved sexual function
- Improved quality of eggs
Other Risks of Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy,/h3>
- There is no guarantee that a natural pregnancy will be achieved
- There is no guarantee that a pregnancy can be achieve through fertility treatment
- There is no guarantee as to the genetic health of a baby if conceived
Some women – approximately 20 percent experience:
- Mild discomfort in their lower abdomen
- Pressure in their ovaries
- Small amount of bleeding
These symptoms usually dissipate within 1 to 2 hours after the patient is administered an oral pain medication.
- Internal bleeding
- Internal infection
- Anesthetic complications with Propofol
Candidates for Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
- Women who want to conceive with their own eggs in lieu of egg donation
- Women who want to restore their hormonal balance and sexual drive naturally
- Women having a low egg reserve as reflected by a low Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- Women who have failed multiple IVF treatments due to poor quality embryos
- Women diagnosed with unexplained infertility
- Women diagnosed with primary ovarian failure
- Women diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Women diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and suffering from infertility due to a low egg reserve
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy Procedure
Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy is an outpatient procedure performed by injecting a woman’s Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) into her ovaries while she is under anesthesia. The PRP injection and punctures to the ovaries simultaneously stimulate growth of egg follicles. The ovaries are infused with proteins rich in growth factors and stem cell chemoattractants.
- The patient’s ovaries are evaluated via a transvaginal sonogram to make sure they are accessible for procedure
- The patient’s blood is drawn to prepare her PRP
- It takes about 20 minutes to produce PRP by spinning the blood in a centrifuge
- The patient is prepared for procedure with the anesthesia Propofol via IV
- The patient’s ovaries are injected with PRP to rejuvenate dormant follicles so as to yield viable eggs
- The patient will be able to return home within 1 hour to 1½ after the procedure
Cost of Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
- $350 initial evaluation cost with Dr. Melnick via telephone, Skype, or FaceTime
- $4000 fee for the Ovarian Rejuvenation procedure
- Ovarian Rejuvenation is not covered by insurance
$4000 Fee Includes:
- Operating room fees
- Anesthesia medication cost
- Anesthesiologist’s fee
- Nursing service fee
- Sonographic cost
- Physician services fee
- Laboratory cost to prepare Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Post procedure, patients are monitored monthly to determine if the Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy was successful.
- Anti Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level
- FSH level
- LH level
- Estradiol level
Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is used in other areas of medicine:
- Healing of athletic injuries
- Plastic surgery procedures
- Injection in vaginal area for women with low sex drive
Fertility Doctor Specializing in Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy
Your initial consultation with Dr. Melnick can be conducted via telephone, Skype or FaceTime.
To schedule your Ovarian Rejuvenation Therapy consultation with Dr. Melnick at Advanced Fertility Services call 212.369.8700 – or – click the icon below.